MEDIA CENTER DIRECTOR: Ryan Furtek
The mission of the Library Media Center is to develop independent library and research users who are able to select, evaluate, and enjoy a variety of media for their informational and recreational needs as well as for their personal growth. The library will also be open from 7:20-7:30 a.m. and 1:50-2:20 p.m. unless otherwise announced. All other times must be by appointment only or with one’s class accompanied by the teacher. The library is closed from 9:00 to 9:10 a.m. and during lunch.
MEDIA CENTER EXPECTATIONS
Students are expected to:
– come to the Library Media Center with an academic purpose (research, study, writing, book selection, and/or silent
– work quietly. (Library seating is two per round or square table and four per rectangular table.
Computer seating is one per computer.)
– ask for assistance. The Library Media Center specialist is available to assist students with academic assignments.
– adhere to school rules. (In general terms, work quietly, act politely, refrain from bringing food and beverage,
keep cell phones turned off, use only headphones provided by the Center, and comply with the dress code.)
– bring all necessary materials with you. Procure locker, bathroom and other passes prior to coming to the Media
Center. – sign in and out with the library media specialist. (A clipboard sign-in/sign-out sheet is provided.)
– have the library media specialist sign your pass prior to leaving the Center.
STUDENT EXPECTATIONS FOR LIBRARY MEDIA CENTER COMPUTERS
– return the telecommunications form (Internet Permission) signed by the student and the parent/guardian to the
Main Office/Library Media Center.
– sign in and out with the library media specialist. One student per computer. (A clipboard sign-in/sign-out sheet is
– access the computers and Internet for academic purposes only.
– print only those items needed to assist in the completion of academic pursuits.
– maximize the use of the specifically setup computers. Desktop labels, backgrounds, screensavers, etc., have
purposes. Changing these items is an inconvenience to everyone.
– use the headphones provided by the Library Media Center.