CHS has a new program called Student of the Month. Students from each grade are nominated at the end of each month by a teacher or staff member. This is the criteria that is used when nominating and selecting Student of the Month:
- Academic Performance – includes grades, class participation, completion of assignments **Maintains a minimum of a “C” average.
- Character – Displays some or all of the following: adaptability, compassion, contemplation, honesty, initiative, optimism, perseverance, respect, responsibility, and trustworthiness.
- Behavior – shows respect to peers and adults, well manners; this includes behaviors inside and outside of classrooms and the student has not received any office referrals. Overall great attitude towards others and learning.
- Effort – Works hard and is persistent
- Social Relationships – Displays leadership, willingness to help peers, shows respect to others.
- Attendance – Attends school regularly and arrives to school and classes on time.
The students of the month for September are:
Alexis Donahue – Grade 9
Haley-Ann Way – Grade 10
Libby Bitar – Grade 11
Terry Monetaggi – Grade 12
Taylor Shain – Grade 7
Hope McGlaughlin – Grade 8
Congratulations to the selected students on their exceptional performances.